The Data Protection Officer for Knitting For All Ltd is Kerry Kimber.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used, processed and stored by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it when you use this website, request information about our franchises, subscribe to our newsletter or attend our classes.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE: INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.knittingforall.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence for as long as it is relevant, or up to one year, whichever is longest.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use traffic log cookies (Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the personal data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We are committed to keeping your email address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in the section titled Disclosure of Your Information.
All emails sent from our organisation will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all email messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further email communication from us.
Our emails provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any email they receive from us at anytime.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
RUNNING OUR BUSINESS
Sometimes we need to use your personal data to operate our business, but otherwise than in performing our contractual obligations to you (and includes our providing your personal data to our franchisees and their authorised personnel (including, but not limited to, all authorised teachers and administrative personnel) for the same purposes). These would be our ‘legitimate interests’ for the purposes of Data Protection Legislation and are as follows:
- to send you information you have requested
- to deal with your enquiries
- notifying winners of online competitions
- to send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies
- to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to deal with any misuse of the website
- sending you surveys in connection with our goods and services
- to provide you with important real-time information about classes or services you have booked
- where you have submitted an application to become a franchise owner or for a job we may for a reasonable period keep your details on file for future reference should a suitable position subsequently become available and we may send you information about franchise and job opportunities
- to develop, deliver and improve our goods or services
- to help us develop our website to be more useful to you
- for internal purposes for hosting, research, analysis, testing, monitoring, customer communication, risk management and administrative purposes
- to protect and defend our rights or property
- to deal with any misuse of the website
- In order to use the health-related personal data you provide to us about your child in order to protect the vital interests of you and your child in situations where you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent for us to do so. For example where we and/or our franchisees are required to comply with a specific legal requirement and there is not time to gain your consent. This would especially be relevant in an emergency situation or simply to enable you to take classes at different venues with different franchisees.
- to sell, make ready for sale or dispose of our business in whole or in part including to any potential buyer or their advisers
We will do our best to inform you when we carry out any of the above activities, but it may be that we are unable to do so in each case.
YOUR RIGHTS – SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST
You can ask to see a copy of all the personal data we hold about you. Please allow 28 days.
You can request that we destroy any personal data or update the information we hold about you emailing: [email protected]. If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you can unsubscribe or update your subscription preferences at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Your personal data belongs to you and your family and we would like you to be comfortable with the level of information you disclose to us. However you do not have to provide us with any personal data if you don’t want to.
Please be aware that we do need to use your personal data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and to provide you with the goods and services you have elected to receive.
Making our website accessible is a core aim of Knitting For All and we will try and ensure that it is usable with a broad range of operating systems, browsers, and specialist assistive technologies. We would warmly welcome comments on how we can improve accessibility. If you have any accessibility problems, please send an e-mail to Knitting For All and we will do our best to respond to these issues.